Statement of Accessibility
This report describes the conformance of the Nordic-America Psalmodikonforbundet (Kipster.info) Website with W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0. The review process is described in Section 5 below and is based on the W3C's Conformance Evaluation method as described in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
Based on this evaluation, the Psalmodikon.com Website meets WCAG 1.0, Conformance Level Double A and Section 508. Detailed review results are available in Section 6 below. Resources for follow-up study are listed in Section 7 below. Feedback on this evaluation is welcome.
This template is marked up in XHTML 1.0 Strict and styled with CSS, allowing for greater compatibility and transformability. The design does not use any tables for layout resulting in greater design flexibility and cleaner code.
Conformance evaluation of Web accessibility requires a combination of semi-automated evaluation tools and manual evaluation by an experienced reviewer. The evaluation results in this report are based on evaluation conducted on the following date(s): 2 January 2006. The Website may have changed since that time. Additional information on the evaluation process is available in Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility.
- Name of Website: The Nordic-America Psalmodikonforbundet
- Purpose: A Society dedicated to the education and preservation of the Psalmodikon and Sifferskrift music.
- Base URL: http://www.Psalmodikon.org/
- URL's included in review
- All Root level pages and a sampling of one or more pages from each directory.
- Only the Publication Archive of Newsletter URL's were specifically excluded from the review
- Review of Website Completed during: January 2006
- Natural language(s) of Web site: English
- Name of reviewer or review team: Paul K. Gjenvick
- Organization with which reviewer(s) is/are affiliated: The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Group
- Contact information for reviewer(s) or reviewer(s) organization:
- Paul K. Gjenvick, Woodstock, Georgia 30189-7421
- Reviewer(s) areas of expertise, by reference to "expertise of review teams" in Review Teams for Evaluating Web Site Accessibility Non Stated
- Natural language(s) with which reviewer(s) is/are fluent, or familiar: English, French, Norwegian, Danish, German
- Identify WCAG 1.0 Level for which conformance was tested, e.g. WCAG 1.0 Level A, Double A, Triple A: This website was tested for conformance with Section 508 and WCAG 1.0 Level Double A.
- Used WCAG 1.0 checklist (essential): Yes
- Identify evaluation and validation tools used, and versions thereof: WAVE (WebAIM.org), Cynthia Says, A-Prompt, Site Valet, Bobby Online.
- Description of manual reviews (usability testing of accessibility features) used: A-Prompt Guided Review.
- Interpretative summary of review results
- This Website appears to meet WCAG 1.0 Level Double A and Section 508
- accessibility features in which this site is strong include: Meets or Exceeds most standards.
- recommended priorities for addressing inaccessible features of site: None Noted
- Detailed results, structured according to WCAG 1.0 Checklist
- Automated Checkpoints can be verified by many available online verification tools.
- A-Prompt software prepares an interactive guide to compliance for items not verifiable by automated means.
- Describe or point to a suggested program of on-going monitoring of Web site accessibility, re-evaluation of authoring tools, etc.: Periodic review of website on at least an annual basis.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Checklist for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
- Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility
- Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools for Web Content Accessibility
- Selecting and Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility [draft]
- Review Teams for Evaluating Web Site Accessibility [draft]
- WAVE - external link (Temple Univ. Institute on Disabilities & WebAIM)
- Accessibility Toolbar - external link (NILS)
- Cynthia Says - external link (ICDRI)
- A-Prompt - external link (University of Toronto)
- Site Valet - external link (WebThing)
- AccMonitor Online - external link (HiSoft)
- Bobby online - external link (Watchfire)
- TAW - external link in Spanish (Sidar)
- Torquemada - external link in Italian (WebxTutti)
- AskAlice - external link (SSB Technologies)